Google Webmaster Tools

As a working mother of three, I always try to find wholesome and nutritious alternatives to feed my family when I don't have time to cook. Recently, I had the opportunity to taste test a free Annie's Homegrown frozen entree through Influenster.
My coupon was for a free frozen entree of any size. Since my family loves Italian, so I chose the lasagna with meat sauce.
I went to Target to redeem my frozen dinner. It normally cost $8.99 but that day it was on sale for $7.99. Here are some of the things that I love about Annie's Homegrown Lasagna:
  • No artificial flavors or colors
  • Made with "Natural" beef - no hormones, antibiotics added
  • No artificial ingredients
  • Made with organic pasta, cheese, tomatoes and tomato based products

Although it says that the it's for a family (3.5 servings), realistically, my family of 5 would still be hungry if that was all they had to eat. I only got 2-2.5 servings out of the meal. :-(

Per the instructions, I cooked it in the oven at 375-400 degrees for 40 minutes. I really had high hopes for this product. The cheese didn't fully melt, the pasta was a little gummy, and it could have used a little more tomato sauce. However, it did have good taste.
Would I buy with my own money? Yes, I would. But I would probably need to buy 2 or 3 for my family of five.

Have you ever tried any food products from Annie's Homegrown? If so, what are some of your favorites???

Peace and Blessings!
Adrienne

Comments

03/27/2014 9:41pm

I have never heard of Annie's Homegrow products. I'm glad your family enjoyed it. I will definitely keep an eye out for Annie's Homegrow next time we go food shopping.

Adrienne
03/27/2014 9:47pm

Thanks Miss Fabulous! Lasagna is an expensive dish to make from scratch. Like that the ingredients are organic. Thanks for sharing!

03/27/2014 9:45pm

I think it's fabulous that you've decided to go natural. Lasagna sounds so good, but no meat for me - I'm a vegatarian.
BTW, my dad is undergoing treatment for stage 4 Lymphoma. He's doing well. Congratulations to you for finishing chemo!

Adrienne
03/27/2014 9:50pm

Michelle, Annie's Homegrown has vegetarian dishes as well. I wish I would have tried the butternut squash dish. :-) AND I hope your Dad continues to do well. :-) Stay prayerful!

03/27/2014 11:32pm

Annie's products always seem to be good for you. I've always been partial to my mom's homemade lasagna but I think this sounds good for one of those lazy nights where I don't want to cook. Especially if they had a veggie lasagna. Yum!

Adrienne
03/28/2014 5:35pm

Homemade lasagna is always best, but for lazy nights this is worth it. Thanks for sharing Kimberly!

03/28/2014 5:50am

This is a new product for me but sounds appetizing.

Adrienne
03/28/2014 5:36pm

Clara I've seen this brand in Whole Foods before. It's definitely worth giving a try. Thanks for sharing!

03/28/2014 11:36am

I love finding nutritious, fast meals for my family too after a day of working the last thing I want to do is come home and cook.

Adrienne
03/28/2014 5:38pm

Amanda, you're right! I never feel like cooking after a long day at work. LOL. But this is great for those "lazy" days.

03/28/2014 1:12pm

Sounds like a delicious option for a day when I really don't have time to cook. And I think we would manage one between my son and I. So a good option for us.

Adrienne
03/28/2014 5:39pm

Joanna, this size is great for a "small" family. You may even have some left over for lunch the next day. :-) Thanks for sharing!

Adrienne

Decided to go natural after successfully finishing chemo for Stage 3 breast cancer. I didn't always do everything right, but did the best I could do. I have a great support system - family, friends and church members who embraced my decision to go natural. So, I decided to pass along the information I've gathered over the years to encourage anyone that they too can do this!

What is a ManeAngel???

A ManeAngel encourages, educates and helps you embrace who you are while hopefully entertaining you along the way. ManeAngels is for EVERYONE...not just those who have "natural" hair.  We don't exclude anyone.  So, for those who are relaxed, laced, etc. you are welcomed too! Remember, you were made in the image of God...fearfully and wonderfully made!  Embrace it and enjoy the journey!