INHMD-Wilmington was held at the Coastline Conference and Convention Center located in downtown Historic Wilmington on the banks of the Cape Fear River. The keynote speakers were a group of young professional women called Naturally Fly Wilmington (NFW) who spoke with the VIP attendees about natural hair in the workplace. The VIPers were encouraged to be confident in themselves and always remain polished, professional and proud as they rock their natural tresses. NFW continued the conversation downstairs to the rest of the meetup demonstrating to us different hairstyles that we can easily manage ourselves...twist outs, Bantu knots, etc.
We had a massage therapist, a nail tech, hair stylists and makeup artists there to pamper our natural selves. I don’t think anyone left there lacking anything. Except me...I should have been in that massage chair!!! :-)
1. Bria’s Attic (handmade custom jewelry made out of semi-precious stones, porcelain, sterling silver and glass beads)
2. Lavender Studios
3. ManeAngels (yeah, I sold my whipped buttercream and some other goodies! :-))
4. Naturally Fly Wilmington
5. New Hanover County Health Department - Richelle Fonville
6. Noni Bacca Winery (local winery that gave out free samplings)
7. Crosslands Beauty & Barber Supply - Lynette
8. Kellum Law Firm - Hollis Briggs
9. Coastal Care Services
10. Massage Therapist - Mr. Joe
11. Damonni's Hair Salon - Lynne Hines (nail tech)
12. Kia's Creations - Nakia Pittman
Last but certainly not least, I would personally like to thank our supa dupa INHMD-Wilmington swag bag product contributors...let me tell you...those bags were FULL!!!!
1. Koils By Nature
2. Alikay Naturals
3. Karens Body Beautiful
4. Blue Magic
6. Curl Max
8. Eden Bodyworks
10. As I Am Naturally
11. Shea Moisture
12. Curls Unleashed
13. Jane Carter Solution
This event wasn't just about swag...though it was great...it was about giving back to the community. A portion of the proceeds will go to Lydia's Legacy, an organization targeted towards growing awareness, education and research regarding gynecologic cancers.
In the words of Ice Cube...It was a good day!
Naturalistas in Wilmington, NC….be on the look out for 2015 from ManeAngels and The Natural You!!!! Big plans in the works!!! :-)
Peace and Blessings!
What would you like to see at the next "Natural You" event???